means Specific, Measurable, Accountable, Reproducible, Testcased
All Items should be SMART
- Specific - be clear enough that anyone can take a stab at solving the problem
- Measurable - have a clear statement of what is required to be able to close them ("this must work" or "it must be at least this fast")
- Accountable - have individual names associated with the report and with the fixing process
- Reproducible - the report must be reproducible by someone in the dev team
- Testcased - a fixed bug should always have a test case added to the test suite for it. If the reporter can provide this testcase, so much the better!