Firefox on Win:
- funny header
- sidebar below main body text
IE on Win with narrow screen:
- sidebar floats over main text
I tried to attach screenshots but got a fatal error, Item909
In addition, if one goes to an Anchor, suddenly the text is only shown from the anchor to the bottom... -- TW
The styles take ages to load; so for a long while it looks as if there is no leftbar.
If you type a long line in the editor, the whole screen scrolls left. You can scroll so far that the
Save button has disappeared off the left of the screen. If you move the cursor and break the line, the scroll position
isn't restored, you still can't see the save button and therefore can't save the edit.
This sounds as a lot of unrelated things. I have Firefox and IE on Windows right here (tested on both of course) and cannot see most of these bugs. Which makes
Could it be you need to empty your cache?
- funny header - yes, I see that the gradient is not working anymore on IE. Fixed in SVN 7394. What's going funny on Firefox?
- There was a double header, see screenshot (link on top). This is fixed now -- PTh
- sidebar below main body text - sounds like stale cached css
- is working properly now -- PTh
- sidebar floats over main text - if you have a very small screen. Let me look at it.
- I tried to attach screenshots but got a fatal error, Item909 - I don't think this got anything to do with here
- so for a long while it looks as if there is no leftbar - this is intentionally, the content is loaded first so you don't have to wait for the lef bar
- If you type a long line in the editor, the whole screen scrolls left. - this is in the edit form, right? Because I don't see it in the normal edit window, only here on develop where we use the form tables to edit content in.
I also see strange formatting in TextFormattingRules
- In addition, if one goes to an Anchor, suddenly the text is only shown from the anchor to the bottom - this is a serious bug. I don't understand what's going on here.
Looks like I have to switch to a table base layout after all.
- Black edges
- Gradient on top bar
This is not only unattractive and wastes real estate, but also departs to far from what we had in previous releases. --
Agreed with TW on both suggestions. Instead, I suggest to add a non-intrusive,
right justified background image, see TWiki:Codev/ModernizePatternSkin
I do not recommend to switch to a table based layout. It brings two issues:
- Wide content (images etc) stretches the table row, requiring a horizontal scroll
- Does not play well with accessability
A. Cut-off text in view
Form field text is cut off when using a bigger font and a smaller window width.
See screenshot pattern_ff_view.png attached to TWiki:Sandbox.TempTopic
B. No Save button.
Since the form field font is too small for me I made it bigger in
Firefox by pressing Ctrl-minus. This way I can read the bug text without straining
my eyes, but I get an ugly big font in edit mode (a workaround I can live with).
However, with this setting, the edit box is now much wider than my window width.
If I start typing, the screen scrolls to the left, up to a point where I no longer
can save the topic because the save button is no longer visible, and there is no
way to bring it back. I had to checkpoint save the topic, then save again.
See screenshot pattern_ff_save.png attached to TWiki:Sandbox.TempTopic
C. Inconsistent scroll position when using browser back button.
If you use the browser back button to go to the previous screen, the scroll
position is inconsistent, not where it was before. Sometimes way to much
down, sometimes too high. This is on WebChanges
here using Firefox on
Windows. This disrupts the workflow when working on recent changes since
I have to remember where I was and hunt down the next unread item.
I am working on the bugs. Not sure if tables are not the solution. At least they won't give me headaches like css currently does.
As far as the top bar concerns: I would like to distinguish between bugs and intended looks. I have attached a screenshot of what the top bar looks like on my machines: TWiki:Sandbox.TempTopic
. Also on Windows Firefox and Windows IE it looks like this. If you see something else please provide browser name, number and OS.
I'm now seeing a boundary around the topic body on
that includes the top and bottom button bars. It seems to be about 20 px wide. Its on
as well. More wasted space
Why? (screenshot to TWiki:Sandbox.TempTopic
) -- AJA
Update with bug fixes in SVN 7410. I am closing this one. Please report new bugs when they appear in new entries. -- AC
, please get rid of the black background around the topic. Please do not print the copyright text in the black border at the bottom, and closer to the topic action.
Why are we wasting so much space? -- TW
please make new, individual bug items to address each change (eg, one for the border, and one for the copyright text location) -- WN