I noticed that the fix to make the HistoryPlugin
working in 4.2.0 also included an elimination of the oppshistory.pattern.tmpl.
In this process it was missed that this template contained the features that made it work extremely well with its brother plugins CompareRevisionsAddOn
the ooshistory page shows the commented for each revision. You can actually say that without this feature user added comments are a secret.
you are supposed to be able to choose how you want the changes rendered. Interweaved vs side-by-side.
These two features for sure have to brought back to the default oopshistory.tmpl
It seems the developer that last updated the plugins had not noticed the interaction with the two other plugins - probably because it was only implemented in the pattern version of the template.
While testing I also noticed that the plugin now looks awful and basically does not work in TWiki 4.1.2. The reason is that the 1.1 version of the HistoryPlugin
uses a new feature in 4.2 that allows embedding CSS in the header. But this is not available in 4.1.X
I decided make another redesign with simpler CSS all embedded in the html. Maybe more primitive but IT WORKS in 4.1.X and it is sad if we have to have multiple versions of the same plugin because of an incompatible implementation of very few styles.
As I did the redesign I also found that the new layout was a bit over-engineered and a bit difficult to make look good also in 4.1.2. So I took the best of the old version of the plugins and combined with the best of the new design. The result is something third but pretty nice.
I have tested this for about 12 hours. I tested with all combinations of the 3 plugins. I tested all these combinations with all combinations of IE6, IE7 and FF2. And again all those in TWiki 4.1.2 and 4.2.0.
All in all I think I have gotten HistoryPlugin
in a pretty good shape. It took two full days this weekend. Documentation is also updated so I will release a new version to t.o.
- 09 Dec 2007
Michael Daum had also made a rev 1.2 but I had missed that because he had not merged it to the T42 branch (which in principle is OK - that is actually not required). My fault.
Good thing that he had worked on the plugin code and I on the templates so the merge is simple. Uploading a 1.3.
- 10 Dec 2007