* [[mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org Mail]]
* [[mailto:email@example.com Mail link]]
* [[mailto:?subject=Hi Subject_only]]
* [[mailto:?subject=Hi Subject only]]
* [[mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org][Mail link]]
* [[mailto:?subject=Hi][Subject only]]
* <a href="mailto:?subject=Hi">Subject only</a>
Last two should be identical.
Cairo is buggy too, but in a different way: TWiki:Sandbox.MailtoLinkTest
Set to "Normal", but in case not fixed for Dakar then TextFormattingRules
topic needs to be reverted to the old
rule with space separator instead of
Actually it behaves exactly the same as Cairo, with the one exception that where Cairo fails to render the link at all, Dakar actually enters an error state and outputs the ::'s as a visual hint that something is wrong. I retained this rather strange behaviour because that's the way Cairo worked, and I thought there must be some rationale. I guess there isn't.
I was never sure why mailto links are handled differently to any other kind of link. If I delete the special [[mailto: handling and add mailto: to the list of protocols, then it works quite happily.