I got several reports in the past of failed user registrations on develop.twiki.org. Two things need to be done:
- Process needs to be documented better so that users do not try to register on develop.twiki.org.
- Fix registration bug.
Registration bug: Apparently, when you register on develop.twiki.org you get an Internal Server Error, but the user topics gets created and the user is listed in Main.TWikiUsers
. Latest case: Main.FrankZimper
I tried to improve error reporting (SVN 7868) from the mail program, but no closer to understanding what. Needs an admin on the server to debug.
there are a couple of things that need to be addressed
- automatic syncing of accounts from twiki.org
- long term i'd like to use one of those ditributed auth systems, so logging in here involves a request to twiki.org
- right now its a manual rsync from develop - Peter suggested a Push rsync from twiki.org would
- the registration bug itself - probably due to a lack of smtp server
- This is a bug that needs to be fixed, there is still an "Internal Server Error"; lack of smtp server should fail gracefully -- PTh
- the removal of the registration topics from the develop twiki, replacing it with a pointer to twiki.org ...
- this is not so simple as the registration system and topics has not been made optional in any way - it would be best to be able to either not install the registration TWikiComponent, or to be able to disable it and its topic from configure. neither of these are feasable in the DakarRelease timeframe.
These issues should be addressed in indivudal items. The original subject of this report is addressed by the BROADCASTMESSAGE, so I'm closing it.
Prematurely closed. Point 2, registration error is pending, filed Item1424